At Longmont Oral Surgery, we proudly provide quality care and comfort for our patients with the latest technology. This now includes the 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner, an intraoral scanning tool and camera that quickly produces accurate images from within the mouth with lifelike colors and dynamic impressions.
The TRIOS® 3D Scanner is the world’s first wireless intraoral scanner with accuracy that surpasses other major intraoral scanners when creating impressions for dental restorations. The technology it uses produces high resolution images that display the contours of your teeth and gums. As a small, hand-held tool, the 3Shape TRIOS® can quickly and comfortably scan the inside of your mouth all while you are sitting in the dental chair.
The TRIOS® 3D Scanner then creates a digital model of your mouth from all the images, and displays a dynamic, lifelike rendering that includes every angle of the teeth and gums. These remarkably detailed digital impressions allow Drs. Andrus and Howard to identify problem areas and determine appropriate treatment plans. The detailed images and dynamic renders also allow patients to see what the doctors see and visualize what their future smile will look like.
Benefits that the 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner offers for our patients include:
- No radiation – Since the scanner is an intraoral camera, there is no use of radiation with the TRIOS® 3D Scanner.
- No need for the messy, gummy material used to make traditional impressions of the teeth and gums – the TRIOS® 3D Scanner creates digital impressions with the camera and delivers them to the monitor for immediate viewing and discussion.
- Quick, comfortable and easy use – Gone are the days when you had to keep your mouth open for an extended period of time with cumbersome pieces of Xray equipment jammed in or around your mouth.
- Digital recording and documentation – The 3Shape TRIOS® creates accurate, three-dimensional images to be used for digital treatment planning and can easily be shared with other specialists and dental laboratories.
- Improved patient visualization and satisfaction – The 3Shape TRIOS® provides a complete and precise rendering of the teeth and gums, allowing Drs. Andrus and Howard to communicate dental concerns visually to you through lifelike enlarged images as if you were looking directly into your own mouth. “A picture is worth a thousand words!”
If you are interested in a superior quality, quick and comfortable dental exam that provides a clearer understanding of your oral health, call today for an appointment. With the use of this innovative technology, Drs. Andrus and Knight can provide optimal results quickly and comfortably with the TRIOS® 3D Scanner. Contact us today! for more information.